Fave 5 // Week 17 // Halloween!
1. Wired has 10 geeky and cheap Halloween costume ideas. As a massive Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fan, my favorite is Arthur Dent. Bathrobe and towel and done.
2. In a collaboration with Claires, I Spy DIY came up with five DIY costumes. Check out her round-up!
3. Brit & Co came up with eight pop culture costumes. My favorite is the "binders full of women." Regardless of where you fall on the political spectrum, that quote is costume-worthy.
4. Megan at Polish the Stars made her own Hocus Pocus spell book. My inner witch cannot resist a DIY spell book.
5. And finally, a little gift from one of my favorite authors, Neil Gaiman. Mr. Gaiman wrote and recorded an unpublished short story that is available to download on Audible for the low price of free! And that's not even the best part. The best part is that for every new download, Audible donates a $1 to Donors Choose if you're in the US and Audible UK donates a $1 to Booktrust if you're in the UK. You can listen to a scary story by an awesome author for free and help these charities. It's part of All Hallow's Read. You can read about it on Neil's Tumblr. He's much more eloquent than I.
Author: Lisa Ahn