DIY Soda Can Cookie Cutters



Merry Christmas ...Eve! Today is the last day of our 12 Days of Christmas DIYs! Happy Holidays to everyone, regardless of what you do or don't celebrate!

When The Dark Knight Rises came out this past summer, I wanted to make Batman cupcakes. As in, yellow cupcakes with bat shaped chocolate cake in the center. I thought it was a good idea until I realized that I didn't have a bat shaped cookie cutter. Thus began my search for DIY cookie cutters. There are plenty. Of. Tutorials. Out there. and I tried the aluminum pan thing but it was tough to work with. Long story short, my cupcakes were terrible. Now, with The Hobbit out and Christmas baking upon us, I replaced my Batman cupcakes dream with Middle Earth cookies, so I searched again. I found this tutorial that used soda cans and decided to try it out. Way easier. Finally, I made my own cookie cutters! Click below to see how I made them!




*WARNING* This tutorial involves sharp edges and sharp tools. Be careful, people.





The tape along the top will prevent you cutting yourself and keep the cutter together.



Bonus! My Hobbit inspired cookies! Did everyone watch it? I loved it!


-lisa, (I stayed up until 4 am decorating these cookies. Why did I do that.)

Comments

  1. I'm going to try this! Looks easy.... maybe?
    Thanks for the info.
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Wonderful!
    :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi there, we would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below and leave a link if you wish! ♥

Popular Posts