DIY Sparkle Hairpins


This week I found inspiration from this photo shoot for Material Girl Magazine. The model is wearing a dainty glittered crescent in her hair that I immediately wanted for myself. Conveniently for me, I had some extra glitter foam stickers lying around so I thought I'd give it a try by making my own tiny pins. I've been playing around with my foam stickers for a while trying to figure out the best way to glue them to something without it coming apart and I found the way!


>> The fabric I used was a thin cotton and linen blend. It was a bit pilly but I like that the glue would soak through a bit and really hang onto the fabric which is good. Craft felt might work too and would be a lot less messy.
>> The thing with these foam shapes is that they have a sticky side which is awesome for sticking onto paper and other surfaces but making hair accessories out of them can be a nightmare. So I figured out a way to make it work and I'm happy with the results!
 Step 1: Cut out foam shapes and scraps of fabric large enough to cover the sticky shape.
 Step 2:  Place the fabric between the bobby pin.
 Step 3: Peel off the sticker protector (if your foam piece is a sticker) and dab some glue on the the adheisive side and place it directly onto the bobby pin.
>>I glued it onto the flat side so that the foam piece has and even surface to stick to.
Press it for a few seconds and let it dry completely. Then cut the excess fabric and pin, pin, pin!




-monica

Comments

Popular Posts