5/15/13

Once Upon A Time Decorated Box


UPDATE 9/20/14: Monica is currently not making any more of these boxes to sell. If she plans on making more and selling them, this post will be updated.

Did anybody happen to catch the finale of Once Upon a Time this weekend? Yesterday the creators of the show released a new trailer for their spin off show Once Upon a Time in Wonderland that looks pretty epic. I'm happy that there is something to fill the prime time fantasy/magic void. This week I thought I'd share a jewelry box I decorated inspired by Regina's evil queen style. I bought a wooden box, some hardware, and metal decorations from the craft store and Lisa had a fake heart prop lying around which took it to the next level. It's a pretty dark and morbid but that is the beauty of it! (Sorry Sandra for creeping you out!)

>> I sculpted a heart and dagger piece out of polymer clay and painted it to match the other hardware. I used some heart boxes from the show as inspiration.

 >> For the interior of the box I copied lining used from this queen of hearts themed matchbox. The checkerboard and filigree designs are perfect and really match Regina's style. I wanted to capture Regina's distinctive office design look and feel.


Off with their heads and out with their hearts! Regina is the best.

♥ monica

9 comments:

  1. Hey I'm a huge collector of once upon a time and have gotten people to make me replicas of things of the show that they made themselves. Are you making these boxes because I am making a once upon a time short film and I have the heart just looking for a box everywhere and yours is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Aaron! I am so happy that you like my heart box! I don't normally make these boxes, that was my first and only time but I might be able to put one together for you, just drop me an email glittermintblog@gmail.com if you are interested!

      Delete
    2. Aaron...have you had someone make you a metal dark one dagger? I can't find anyone. Joey.buda@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Hi ! I'm arnau dfrom France ( so sorry for my english... )
    Your box is really great !! I'm searching for a box like that for my boyfriend. A fan of Once Upon A Time. And I'd like to offer him this box but I've search everywhere and I never found it... So I'm interested to purshase an heart box like your's if it's possible... You are my last hope lol
    My adress mail is : adelgao10@gmail.com
    Thanks for had take time to read my request. You have make a such great job, this heart box is wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!! I'm dying, this chest is amazing! I would really, really, really like a chest like this one! Would you be interested in making one for me maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, there is a notice at the top of the post that Monica is not making these anymore. IF (and that is a big if) she decides to make more they will be listed in our Etsy shop here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/glittermint

      Delete
  4. Iam doing different one funcional glowing heart inside as a set :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be interested in one of these box's an if the heart was glowing that would be cool too...iceman5811@gmail.com thanks Tom
    I did not see any on esty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will soon have one, more simmilar to this one http://i45.tinypic.com/9r0zsm.jpg with the glowing heart too

      Delete

Hi there, we would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below and leave a link if you wish! ♥