But the most important thing we saw was a very tall dad and his very small son dressed as spot-on Dumbledore and Harry. When we passed by, Harry looked sad and Dumbledore reached down and softly said, "You want a pretzel? Let's get you a pretzel."
Anyway, here's some stuff I'm into this month:
- Some fans made a Hawkeye short film based on the Fraction/Aja comics and it is everything I wish was in the movies. I didn't realize just how bad movie Hawkeye is until I read the Fraction/Aja comics, which are amazing. Hawkguy + Hawkeye + Pizza Dog forever.
- Speaking of Marvel actors (kind of?), some guy in Hong Kong has built a Scarlett Johansson robot. For me, it's just a physical example of the way women (or anyone who isn't a man) are regarded in the tech world. As someone very interested in gender and tech, I have a lot of thoughts and feelings and opinions about this.
- This is how you play Skyrim. (Sidenote: has anyone else tried to murder Barbas? Can I kill him eventually? I don't care about the other quests anymore. I just want to murder that dog.)
- After becoming obsessed with Campaign, I went looking for other actual play podcasts and here's my new favorite: The Adventure Zone. Three brothers (the McElroys if you're familiar) and their dad play 5th edition D&D.
- Speaking of the McElroys: MONSTER FACTORY. Hello metal husband.
- Things I have mistaken for a feeling over the years